CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, January 4, 2010

Week #75 - Pants

Hey everyone!

It was a great New Year celebration in good ol' Ukiah. Just so everyone knows, I will for sure be getting transferred at the end of this transfer (ends January 17th) so plan accordingly with sending me mail. Any mail that will probably arrive after the Monday after the transfer ends can be sent to the mission office address.

Devin was baptized Saturday! The service went really well and there were plenty of people there to support him. It was my first time confirming someone a member of the church yesterday- and that was an amazing experience. He'll be a great addition to the ward here. We quizzed him on everything the day before he was baptized just for fun and he knew it ALL. We were pretty shocked at how well he's studied up on stuff. For starting off as someone who didn't even know God existed, he's come a very long way in a short time.

We went to the Oakland temple on Wednesday with the senior couple in our zone. It was excellent.

I strongly recommend the talk "Jesus Knows I'm a Christian" by John Bytheway. It's deeper than his usual youth-oriented talks and very very well done. Definitely the best one I've heard him do.

Mormon Messages on youtube are still awesome. I saw a really short clip of one they did on hope (President Uchtdorf's talk) on lds.org's main page. I want to see the whole thing.

I hit my 18 month mark on Saturday. I was kind of annoyed that there was no fireworks display, no one interviewed me from the newspaper, and there were no congratulatory letters/packages all over my doorstep from friends and loved ones at any time throughout the day. Maybe people just got the date mixed up. I knew I shouldn't have put it so close to New Years and Christmas.

Anyway, it was a great week and life is still good. The gospel's true and thanks for everythiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiing
Elder B