CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, December 28, 2009

Week #74 - Happy Newbert

Hey everyone!

First of all, I gotta say talking to the family was absolutely splendid. I felt bad that during all the hustle and bustle of Christmas that I forgot to make a list of things I wanted to talk about but either way it was an utter delight. Sorry if I didn't have too much to say.

Anyway, life's still good in Ukiah. We're taking a trip to the Oakland Temple on Wednesday so we're way pumped about that, Devin's getting baptized on Saturday and has a ton of people from work coming to see it (at least one of which wants to start taking lessons)- so it should be pretty packed. Our investigators Tina and Dana agreed to come to the baptism as well so that will be a huge step for them- I think they'll enjoy it a lot.

Our investigator Sharon came to church for the first time yesterday and the ward was VERY welcoming. The talks were really good as well so it was a good week for her to come. She bought us really nice ties for Christmas and told us we had to wear them when she came to church- so it was a great day. The only downside was I was asked to play piano for primary on the spot, and unfortunately they do NOT sing the same songs they did when I was a kid. I knew ONE of the eight songs we sang (Give, Said the Little Stream) and it got to the point where the chorister said "We're giving our pianist a workout today!" I was sufficiently humbled. I had to ask before every song how it's supposed to sound/how fast it's played/etc. I quit primary forever.

I'm hitting my 18 month mark on Saturday! Outrageous.

That's about all I've got- thanks for everything and it was awesome talking to everyone!!

Much Love,
Elder B