CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, January 18, 2010

Week #77 - Pants Delight

Hey Everyone!

So transfer news is out, and I've got quite the new and different assignment. I'll be whitewashing into Sonoma (it's in the Napa zone) and I'll be training a greenie. I'll be a District Leader again, which I kind of had a feeling I would be. I guess it was kinda nice that this happened after our last zone conference where President stressed over and over how there are no "ranks" in leadership- and if he feels that even an AP would be of best use as a district leader or regular missionary after his time in the office, then that's exactly what he'll do with him (meaning it doesn't mean he "hasn't proved himself" or got demoted). So anyway, zone leader has been a lot of fun but I'm excited to go back to training- especially now that I've been out so long. I've got a ton of things I'd do differently now with a new missionary, so it'll be awesome to have another shot.

This last week was awesome in Ukiah. Our zone, for the first time in who knows how long, reached the baptismal goal! We were way excited, and also my companion and I set three baptismal dates with some of our new investigators. They're all excited about church and are progressing quickly. We had one of our investigators finally come for the first time and he loved it- and our other investigator Sharon came for the second time and REALLY loved it. Everyone's devastated that I'm leaving, but I totally knew they would be. It's always the best to give investigators the "departing testimony" and last words of wisdom that you want them to know. I wish I could testify like that all the time. It seems like it's a hundred times more powerful when I know it's the last time I get to do it.

As for the new area, they completely whitewashed it (Spanish and English elders) and so there will be me, my greenie, a spanish elder, and his greenie. What's even more exciting is that the Spanish trainer will be going home about half way through the transfer, so for the last three weeks I'll be in a threesome with two greenies. Intense.

Anyway, life's good, I'm excited for the new area, write me mail, and have a good week! The Gospel's still true.

Elder B