CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, January 11, 2010

Week #76

Hey Everyone!

We had quite the week this week. It had a spectacular finish, too. On Sunday we were pretty disappointed that not one of our investigators came to church (two of them promised they would). However, during the first hour we realized there was someone we didn't recognize sitting in the back. We were fortunate to catch her before she left and found out that she'd been taught by missionaries about twelve years ago but ended up moving and just lost touch. She hardly remembers any of it, but agreed to start taking lessons. We went to her house after church and taught most of her family the first lesson. They're all high school age or older accept for Theo (fifth grade). All of them there were very interested and all asked for copies of the Book of Mormon (except for two of them [girlfriend and boyfriend] that didn't want them). They asked us to come back tonight and the mom mentioned that the one thing she DOES remember is that she struggles with our perception of the Godhead (she said she's been taught ever since she was a kid that they were all one being). Now I'm even more excited. It sounds like all of her concerns are my favorite topics to explain and testify of, so this should be a good week. I'm hoping to meet with them a lot before I leave next week (still don't know where I'm going though).

Anyway, on top of that we did two exchanges with some other companionships in our zone. One of them was awesome- which happened to be with my grandson and my great-grandson. It was really fun to work with them.

Our zone has been very blessed this transfer- and it looks like for the first time we will PASS our baptismal goal that we set for the transfer. We set a goal for ten (one per companionship) which is sadly MUCH higher than Ukiah zone's typical performance (when we got here in the area, the previous transfer baptisms was two). The last two transfers the zone has gotten five, and now it looks like it's going to happen! It's interesting to see how much obedience goes right along with the success the missionaries have. Each transfer has been better than the last for everyone here (obedience wise) and so have the numbers.

I don't know if I mentioned it before, but I've done more work on a farm in the past six months than I have my whole life. Whether I'm cleaning barns, shearing sheep (that was a hoot[not]. I will never own a ranch or a farm) throwing around and stacking bails (bales?) of hay (I felt like a true man doing that one. I may not own a farm or ranch but I'll definitely consider owning and truck and hauling hay), or cleaning up animal poop and digging trenches, I've done it all. Fortunately for each occasion, I've had a companion who used to live on a ranch so I always looked like the idiot.

Anyway, life is great except for me getting very little mail this week. Very little. Just so everyone knows though, I'm going to try and catch up on Christmas mail/thank you's today. The gospel's true!

Elder B