CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, April 30, 2009

Week #43 - Skip to my brown shoe polish

Hey everyone!
Another week as passed, and I'd like everyone to know that my camera card has been MAILED and will be there sometime early this week. The pictures and videos will most likely blow your minds. Also, the week was full of awesome and a big thanks to the ol' mom for the cds. They're really good. I got them on the second delivery attempt- I really lucked out because we had a bunch of lessons that day and we stopped home for about two seconds and the UPS man came while we were there.


At the district council I gave last week I committed the zone to talking to at least ten people every day (aside from tracting or people with members- just random people) because as I was preparing I found a talk that Elder Ballard gave a long time ago saying that missionaries need to learn to do that- and if they do, finding will increase a ton. It's kind of new to me...I'm not real big on pulling people aside when it seems pretty blatant that they don't have the time/desire to listen to me, but we've actually had a lot of really good experiences and discussions. I also had the zone do "finding appointments" where you designate a time and an area for the next week that you'll go and pray for the Lord to place someone who's ready in that spot. In doing that, you also promise Him that you'll do all you can to be spiritually prepared and worthy to find that person, so it also encourages you to work a whole lot harder. I'm pretty excited about it- we set ours for tomorrow, so we'll see what happens! I'm pumped.

We're getting a new area in our mission along with the new president in July- San Rafael.

I really don't have too much else to update everyone on. Now I do! I just had a cool experience about one second ago. Someone just came up to me and said "Hey are you LDS? I haven't been to church in a really long time and right when you walked in I knew I needed to go." She JUST moved here and it turns out she's in our ward. Awesome! Anyway, NOW I don't really have anything more to update on- the gospel's true, it changes lives, and I ate an entire roll of bubbletape at once again on Saturday. It was awesome. I took video of myself chewing it that I'll send home soon. It was fruit flavored.

Well, transfers are coming up. I don't really know where I'm headed of if I'm sticking around here for the full six months. I guess I'll find out in a couple weeks. Next week I'll try and get times set up to call everyone for Mother's day. I hope everyone has a good week- thanks for the emails!

Elder B