CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Week #2 - Continued - Update from Alex!!!

We just received our first e-mail from Alex! Here's his update:

Everything's great and I finished my first week! All of the newbies get here today and I'm pretty excited to feel like I'm a pro who's been at the MTC his whole life. Basically, the days consist of at least ten hours of study. My teachers are excellent and I'm learning a ton. I feel like I know more about the restoration and how to explain it than I've learned my whole life. I got to teach three "mock-discussions" yesterday to "investigators" and they went pretty well. Last night my companion and I were asked to give the first lesson to an entire district and they were going to do some critiquing after we were done (the district was just as new as we were). So, we went in, and the lesson went better than it EVER had. I finally understood Doctrine and Covenants 100:5-6 (I think those are the verses) where it says open your mouth and it will be filled. We were completely guided by the spirit and we played off of each other really really well. So, it was a pretty neat experience and everyone in the class was way impressed. The teacher said that we were ready to leave. :-)

By the way, www.dearelder.com is amazing and they come daily- I wouldn't mind at all if it stayed that way :-) I was called as district leader and it's pretty cool. I teach on Sunday and I lead all of our classes, keep a bunch of stuff organized and go to meetings. My branch president is a great person so it's been nice to get to know him. My district is fantastic. Last night we had a devotional with Alexander Morrison (Quorum of the 70) and we had a "district devotional review" where we're all supposed to go around the room and say what we liked and bear testimony. After that, the spirit was way strong and everyone bore REALLY good testimony of the meeting.

A brief rundown of the week: Today's my first P(preparation)-day, I'm doing laundry, and luckily despite the temple being closed here for the remainder of my time, they're letting us take a bus trip to Timpanogus to go to the temple there today. I'm way excited. The food here is VERY good, so that must be new. Fast Sunday's meal was amazing. I play piano for sacrament and priesthood meetings, they let us watch fireworks on July 4th, I'll be sending home pictures today.

Anywho, bye everyone!
Love- Elder Al