CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, July 1, 2008

The Last Night!


My last night of normalcy is nearing an end. I'm so excited you don't even know. I figured I'd start off the blog myself so everyone has a final dose of me to get them through the next two years. After this, my sister and my mom will be keeping you all updated and probably posting a few lines that I send for them every week.


So as for my final words, I was trying to come up with something WAY cool for everyone to read, so here it is: Over the past several months, I have developed certain abilities beyond the realm of most humans (that I know of). Not only can I now fly, but I have also developed speed that surpasses the most advanced technology in the world today. These along with many other powers, about which I feel no need to boast, have basically turned me into the coolest guy ever.

That may or may not be true, but along with it, I'd like to say a few things:

1. I'll miss you all a lot and I'm really disappointed that I'll miss The Dark Knight and the new Superman, as well as two full seasons of The Office and House.

2. I am in NO WAY dreading a full two years of nothing but serving the Lord Jesus Christ. Although at times I'm sure it won't be easy, I'm doing this because I want to serve God more than anything and I know that this one of my absolute best opportunities to do so. This takes a whole lot of sacrifice (i.e. The Dark Knight, the new Superman, and two full seasons of The Office and House), but there is not a single doubt in my mind that it will be one hundred percent worth every bit of effort that went into it.

3. Packing for two years should be given more than a night's worth of effort. I hope I've got everything.

4. Letters and Packages will be greatly appreciated.

5. And finally, I would just like everyone to know that contrary to popular belief, my church does not force its members to serve a mission. Most guys do when they turn my age because it's not every day you get such an amazing opportunity to grow and to serve God with everything you've got. I'm doing this because I really really really want to. Really. I can't wait!!!

So, to all you readers who like to read, have a good two years and be sure to catch me up with all the new happenings when I'm home. I'll miss all of you but you might want to write me in case I forget why we were friends. :-)

Back in a couple years!