CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, July 10, 2008

Letter From Al - July 2nd

First letter from Alex written the first day in the MTC:

I'm still alive after my first day. It sounds like the real work starts tomorrow, but so far things are delightful. I'm done w/my "dork dot" [sticker on name tag to identify new missionaries], so that's way nice. I don't feel like a newbie as much.

We met with our branch president and zone leaders tonight after a crazy, awesome orientation. I got called as the district leader. Hopefully I'll figure it out. I don't have much of an idea what I'm doing with it yet, other than teaching lessons, unifying our district, and going to meetings. I'm also the only one who can get our mail, so I guess that's pretty cool.

All of my roommates are awesome and excited to be here. They're all going to Santa Rosa with me. My companion is really cool, and excited about being as good as he can be. We were told in orientation to do our best, to do away with "teenager talk", such as "guys", "man", "dude", etc. We're both helping each other break the habit. It's way cool being called "Elder', and calling each other "Elder".

I've run into 8 people from my floor at BYU last semester. It's pretty crazy. Elder Hills is the one I knew from school who was going to Santa Rosa, and he is rooming with us here. Everyone's really jealous of my pillowcase and blanket [both made with love by Mom, Superman themed, of course].

Other than that, it sounds like I get email access the next 2 Wednesdays for 30 min. Oh, and the Provo temple just closed and will stay closed until I leave. Figures.

Anywho, stuffs way good and I love you all, times 50.

Love,
Elder Balagna (Al)