CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, June 21, 2010

Week #99 - Hail to the Chief!

Hey Everyone!

A beautiful Father's Day Card to the Chief is on its way to Forsyth. My Chief is the greatest ever and I am grateful for his awesome and his mustache and his being the best father ever. 

It's been another good week. It's blowing my mind how close I am to the end. I had my final President's Interview- we had a really good talk and he gave me some very wise advice. It's a bit more of a reality to me now that I'm about done which is pretty weird but exciting. 

As for the area, things are still going well. We need more people to teach, but we've got some great potential at this point. There's a who seem pretty promising. We saw them this week and they scheduled a dinner and lesson with us for last Friday. Unfortunately, David's father went in to the hospital Thursday and it sounds like he may not make it- so our appointment was canceled and we've just been praying for them. His wife is the one who called us about the situation and she started crying as she asked me to pray for them and said how she knew we had the Holy Spirit and she knew that this was the true church- she's just waiting for her husband.   

Pierce and Colman S. passed their baptismal interviews and are set for July 3rd. They're really excited and love to learn about the gospel. Their dad is also a major support for them which is great.

Life is still great. In free time I've been studying up and organizing some thoughts on aspects of the work that I think would be helpful for anyone to know...or at least stuff that everyone needs to know from the beginning. It's been pretty nice to reflect on the two years and think about all that I've learned. Even though there are plenty of things I wish I would have done or tried harder on, I've at least become better in a lot of ways- and I have a much clearer view on things that I want to be better in and things I need to improve in. 

Happy Father's Day and the gospel's true!

Elder B