CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, June 14, 2010

Week #98 - Save the Last Dance for Me

Hey Everyone!

Things are still great in Petaluma! We had a good week and found a few more people to teach so we're pretty excited. Pierce and Colman S. will be baptized in the next couple weeks so we're pretty excited about that. I'll also be going up to Ukiah to baptize and old investigator pretty soon, and on the 26th Lauren F. from Sonoma asked me to sing at her baptism. Life is awesome!!

I forgot to mention last week that I had my last zone conference. It was excellent but it was also a pretty crazy experience. I had to give my "departing testimony" which was great but hard. To sum up the experiences of two years being a missionary isn't the easiest thing, but I basically talked about how if I've learned anything it's that God knows us personally and that anyone regardless of circumstances can be changed through Jesus Christ. That has been the coolest thing to see while I've been out here. It's incredible how the Lord can change our natures and help us become something so much better than we are. I read in a book recently that that is one of the big lessons we learn from Jesus turning water into wine- he can take anything or anyone and change them.

Anyway, I also got to sing "Come Thou Fount" one last time for everyone. I didn't really have any time to give the piano music to anyone to learn it, so I played and sang it. It went really well- I had a few mistakes, but I was satisfied with how it went. When President introduced it, rather than say I would be singing a hymn, he said how I would be testifying to them through my hymn. I thought that was a really cool way of putting it. I really do feel like that's exactly what I'm doing when I sing it. It's pretty much the most effective way I have to tell people how I feel about the Savior. President also said that I'd be singing that song at his funeral. Hahahaha.

Anyway, things are great. Our ward is amazing and so is our area. I have my last interview with President Bunker tomorrow. Crazy. 

The Gospel's true!!
Elder B