CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, July 6, 2009

Week #49 - Fire Doesn't Work

Hey Everyone!

This week was awesome. Our new mission president is AMAZING. We're all very excited to work with him. He has some very innovative ideas that I'm pretty pumped about. Basically he's awesome. Anyway, I'm really excited. I'm on the downhill of the ol' mission. It feels pretty weird. It was kind of a bitter-sweet day on the 2nd. Mostly good though, because now I know the things I really want to accomplish and work on with the final year out here. I know the things I want to change about myself and how I can change them, so I think by the time I get home I should be just about perfect. I think you all have a lot to look forward to.

We picked up some new people to teach this last week that seem really solid. We have a lot of work to do in the area so we'll be kept busy this transfer. We taught a guy named Donald yesterday that we met a few weeks ago. It was an interesting experience. He's in his late twenties and has obviously done a lot of hard drugs. He lives in a pretty gross apartment. But, when we tracted into him, he basically said that he really wanted us to come back and talk about God and the Bible. Yesterday, we taught him all about prayer and about Christ and he told us that he prayed every day but he wanted to feel closer to God. We talked about how to feel the Spirit and how to pray and stuff...it was actually very cool. He wanted us to come back Tuesday and teach him more. He obviously needs a lot of help in his life in general- so I'm pretty excited to see where things go with him.

Anyway- things are great in Santa Rosa. Life remains swell and the gospel's still true. Happy Fourth and have a good week!

Elder B