CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Week #27 - Transferred!

Hey Family and Friends!

It seems I will finally be bidding adieu to Fairfield. I'm getting transferred to Benicia, which is about forty minutes away. I leave tomorrow morning and I'm pretty pumped. I guess I'm in a companionship with two other elders, so it'll be interesting. From what I hear they're both pretty cool. I don't have the address or anything yet, so just stick with sending everything to the mission home until further notice. It's pretty neat though- two other people who are way cool from this zone are going to my new zone as well- so we're pretty excited. Sister Benning (the member in the house I live in) cried when she heard the news of me getting transferred. Other than that, I made my rounds and told everyone goodbye and got some pictures with some cool families of the ward. It's been a mighty fine area and it'll be missed. Good ol' Fairfield.

Here's a video of my "Farewell to Fairfield" tribute.




Our temple trip was last Tuesday and it was crazy awesome. They had an exhibit at the visitor's center of all of these brass sculptures a lady made all about Christ. They're incredible. It was really cool to see them and the stories behind them are pretty nifty. They all depict parts of His ministry during the New Testament (i.e. Christ walking on water, healing the sick, raising Lazarus from the dead, etc) and there was also one of the First Vision and a lifesize sculpture of Christ with open arms. That one was way cool. The organ playing went really well in the temple. It was really neat to be able to play there. I was kinda hoping it'd be a white organ just because I thought it would make the experience cooler somehow, but it was brown. Still amazing though. I probably won't have many more opportunities to do something like that, so it was quite the experience. Our mission conference was the next day and it was really fun. There were lots of good talks and afterwards we did a bunch of fun stuff and watched the Olympics highlights. It was also great to see a bunch of people again that I'd met before in the mission.

Here's a picture of me opening my Christmas gifts - my reaction when I opened my Project Linus t-shirt!

I hit six months! Yay me! Here are some pictures of my 1/4 mark celebration. I burned a tie (one that I found in our old apartment. Really ugly)

That about wraps it up for the week.
Happy New Year!
Love-Elder Al