CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, August 18, 2008

Week #8 - Slow Week

Good day, loved ones!

Not a whole lot to report this week. My comp got pretty sick so we couldn't do too much in the middle of the week. He looked terrible. He's much better now and just has a bad cold. I'm hoping I dodged the illness. So far I'm good to go, but who knows.

I gave a talk in church yesterday over "opening our hearts to the Holy Spirit." I was introducted as "fresh out of the MTC" (as I am every time my name is mentioned in the ward...) but thankfully, I had a lot of people tell me afterward that I don't seem new at all, so that was good to hear. Hopefully they weren't just trying to boost my confidence. Anyway, it was a cool topic so it was fun to expand on.

I got a lot of mail this week. Thanks to errbody. Lee Barwick sent me an awesome package, make sure on the blog he knows that he's way cool. [LEE- ALEX SAYS YOU'RE WAY COOL]

We tried out our music presentation dealy for a few members this week and it went really well. We've got a few different songs that we do and we have some tie-ins to missionary work that we explain from the lyrics as well as a lesson that goes with it. So, that's working out quite nicely, and the bishop even gave a little plug for us at church, so we've got more appointments. It's pretty nice to see the members warming up to us and they're becoming a lot more willing to suggest friends who might want to talk. We can tell the Spirit is helping.

Two new investigators this week! Anthony, a huge black guy in his twenties who likes to play volleyball with the singles branch on Wednesdays agreed to start taking lessons. We taught him once already and he set up another time for us to teach on Wednesday. He's a really cool guy so I hope things continue to progress.

We also got a media referral from a girl named Emily who's 18. She had called in and asked for missionaries to deliver her a Book of Mormon and a Bible and to teach her about them. We were pretty excited about that, and when we got there, Elder Singleton said he was pretty sure he'd been there. Sure enough, a few months prior, he had tracted into her before. Apparently she's gone to church a ton and then went to college. She lost the number for the missionaries so she figured she could get back in touch this way. She's home on weekends, so we'll be teaching her then. Looks pretty promising, so keep that one in your prayers.

Anywho, that's about all there is over here. Happy Earth Day!

Amicably,
Elder Balagna