CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, November 30, 2009

Week #70 - Turkey Potatoes

Hey Everyone!

My final mission Thanksgiving was about a hundred times better than my first mission Thanksgiving. Here are some reasons why!

1) The family we spent it with was awesome
2) The food was absolutely delicious (even though there was no corn...or broccoli with cheese. the mom still takes the cake for best Thanksgiving dinners)
3) I got special permission from President Bunker to shoot skeet (he said I could shoot the gun three times. I hit the clay pigeon with my very first shot which made me feel way awesome, but then I missed the second two. Either way, I got to play with a shotgun and even hit something).
4) It was a delight.
5) Thanksgiving morning, the senior couple in our zone hosted a bake-off for us missionaries. As expected, I won first prize with my cookies and received an award that said "You're The Best." I can't say that was too earth-shattering, but it's nice to have it in print now in case anyone ever questions my best-ness.

So, it's been a good week. We had an incredible lesson with Christina on Wednesday. The spirit was there and it was powerful. We were very excited with how things went and Christina is solid. Devin is currently praying for a baptismal date, so we'll see how that went tomorrow. Life's exciting!

I don't really have too much else to inform everyone on, but basically the week was awesome. I got some good mail this week so thanks to all who contributed!

Merry Crimbo to all and to all a good pants. The gospel's true!

Elder B