CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, October 19, 2009

Week #64 - Professional Thug for Life

Hi Everyone!
Quite the week. You have no idea how long I've been planning this scheme to talk to Mom on her birthday. As expected, everything ran smoothly. I took one for the team when they drew blood from me twice (I was kinda hoping I'd dodge that when I went to the hospital) but it was every bit worth it to wish the mother a happy birthday. Looks like my position has again been reaffirmed as best child in the family. This might be another crazy week- so we'll see what happens. Thanks for all the prayers and what not- they're much appreciated. President Bunker called and asked how I felt about a transfer to Santa Rosa next transfer in case anything happened. I told him to talk to the Chief to see if it was necessary- but I've got a feeling it may end up happening either way. So, any mail that will get here after next Monday can be sent to the mission home just in case. Whatever transfer news we get this Sunday should be pretty exciting.

I wish I had some cool stories from this last week other than a couple of very flirtatious young nurses Wednesday night in the hospital. I'm getting more and more grateful I didn't have surgery there after seeing people's reactions when they heard I had to go in. I guess for a spiritual note, I've been reading a ton from the Book of Mormon and it's been crazy awesome. The more I read it the more I'm blown away and shocked that anyone could deny its truthfulness. Also on Sunday in Elders Quorum they talked all about the power and importance of priesthood blessings, and how no one should ever hesitate to ask/give them. At the end we all gave blessings to everyone in the group who wanted one (most did). It was way uplifting and pretty powerful.

That's about all I've got for the week. I hope all is well back home and have a fantastic week! The gospel's true.
Elder B