CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, December 15, 2008

Week #24 - yaD noitaraperP

Dearest Family and Friends,

This week was a delight. I don't know if I've mentioned it, but Cara has been taking her two eight and nine year old kids to church the past few weeks and they LOVE it (more than their other church). We're going to start teaching them both on Tuesday which is pretty awesome. It'll be pretty neat to teach kids. Also, on top of that, her husband came with her to the ward Christmas party (he drove separately in case he felt it necessary to head out early on account of not enjoying himself with those wacky Mormons) and it went VERY well. He stayed the whole time and made a bunch of friends and he's going to start golfing and hunting with some of them. In the words of Cara, "He doesn't stand a chance." Hehe. Maybe not for a while, but sooner or later he'll join the posse.

I was pretty psyched to see signs for The Day The Earth Stood Still remake. What an incredible movie.

In other news, the Oakland Temple trip is coming up and I'm way excited. President asked if I could play "Our Savior's Love" on the organ in the chapel in the temple. Given that I have had no organ experience I hesitated, but then I decided it's probably the only chance I'll ever have to play on a white organ (it's in the temple, no less). I practiced it on the organ at the church and it went really well, so it looks like it'll work out great. I'm pretty excited.

As for the ol' Christmas list, I've thought of a few things:The Great Apostasy (James E. Talmage); Any good vocal solo sheet music (I thought Jonny might know some good ones); Any good pictures of family (maybe even some with me in them); Broken Things To Mend (book by Elder Holland).

Anyway, that's about all I've got for the week. The ol' excursion remains awesome and the gospel remains even more awesome (and true).

Merry Crimbo!
Elder Al