CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, November 24, 2008

Week #22 - Chalk and Chalk. Where's First Wok?

Happy Thanksturkey!

Looks like I'll be sticking around Fairfield for at least six months, so go ahead and keep sending mail to the same address. I suppose I'm pretty content with that. I wouldn't have minded a change, but it looks like Ol' Elder Wheeler and I will be sticking around together for at least another six weeks.
Anyway, this was by far the best week of my mission! I was extremely fortunate to get to baptize Cara- it was absolutely incredible. It's amazing to see how much the gospel changes people. She was glowing the entire time and then when we were getting into the font I looked across and saw her- she looked like a little girl. She was so excited and she gave me a thumbs up. Definitely an incredible experience and the whole service was fantastic. Cara has become pretty tight with a ton of the women in relief society and is fitting in VERY well. They all love her. Pretty incredible. Definitely not the same person we started teaching!!

Here's a picture of us before the baptism.

I'm wearing jeans today for the first time since I left. They aren't as comfortable as I remember. I was kinda disappointed. It's getting pretty chilly at night around here, but the days are still really nice. It's really hard to believe it's almost Christmas. I can't wait to call the ol' household and hear the Chief's Barbara Streisand impression again.

Welp, that's about all I've got. Mail info's still the Fairfield address, the baptism was amazing, and the gospel changes lives. And pants. Enjoy Thanksgerrrrrrrrrving!

Elder Al