CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, November 17, 2008

Week #21 - Skittles and Berries

Well pants, the day finally arrived. Cara set the date for her baptism last Friday and asked me to do the honors. I'm pretty excited. It'll quite possibly be my last Saturday in the beloved area of Fairfield California, so this could be a nice finish. Who knows though, I may end up staying here for a full six months. I'll find out in about six days. But, either way, she's getting baptized! She's so excited which is really cool to see. I can't believe how much she's changed and progressed since we first started teaching her. She's a completely different person. She had her interview last Saturday, came to church Sunday where it was announced that she'd be getting baptized, and we're meeting tomorrow to get the program all set up. It was actually a little funny...we asked her last Friday if she'd be baptized a week from the following day and she said that she'd have to wait one more week (she had some huge service thing she committed to the following Sunday and said she'd feel really weird not making church after she was baptized). Maybe it was a cheap shot, but I said "That's fine. I might get transferred though, so I may be missing it." She then decided she'd be able to figure things out with her Sunday plans and get her shifts covered. :-)

Other than that, we talked with some really cool people this week. It never ceases to amaze me how exciting the gospel really is. I get so pumped when people ask questions. It bothers me a lot to look back at how I used to discuss religion with people back at home. I honestly thought I had the best answers and now I realize how much better I could have done explaining things and answering stuff. Oh past self. You have so much to learn. Odds are I'll probably be saying that same thing about myself now in a few months. Pants.

Anyway, that's really about all the big news I have this week. I'm a little low on time so I gotta head out but have a fantastic week and you'll get pictures soon of Cara's baptism! Also a big fat thanks to everyone for sending me absolutely no mail this week.

Love,
Elder Al