CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, April 5, 2010

Week #88 - Mud on the Tires

Happy Easter!
So this wasn't the most eventful week work-wise, but general conference was incredible! It was somewhat sad to realize that this is my last one in the mission. However, I went into it with some questions and concerns I've had about life and the obvious "mission coming to a close" idea, and left with more than sufficient answers. Those people are so inspired! It seems like they're getting more and more direct. Favorite talks included but are not limited to:

President Uchtdorf (both)

President Eyring (both...favorite was the mention of when we complete a task for the Lord, it's not license to rest. We pray, thank Him for the opportunity we had to do it, and ask what we can do next.)

Elder Christofferson

Elder Holland

Elder Oaks

President Monson

Anyway, I was also glad to see that the Mom is still an active member of the Tabernacle Choir. Last conference I didn't see her, but she was definitely back this time. She did an astounding job- the choir was terrific.

Transfers are next week, so we'll find out what's going on this Saturday. It sounds like things will be staying the same in our companionship (hopefully) but we'll see. I think either way I'm locked in Sonoma for the rest of my days, which I'm happy with. This is a nice place to finish out. I'd like to see some more things happen but as of right now it's still good. Hurrah for Israel! We have a lesson lined up tomorrow with someone who's agreed with our ward mission leader to start meeting with us. We're pretty excited to see what happens with there- it sounds pretty promising.

Well...things are good. My birthday's coming up, in case anyone forgot. April 15th. I always enjoy mail and new electric razors. Fun Fact: I turn 21 months old and 21 years old in the same month. I also hit the two year anniversary of my mission call and my endowments.

That's about all I've got. Have a great week and the gospel's true!!

Elder B