CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, September 14, 2009

Week #59 - You Kye Uh

Looks like my stay in Santa Rosa has come to an end. I'm headed up to Ukiah (way up north) on Tuesday morning- I'm pretty excited.

So, most importantly, make sure all mail is sent to the following address:
875 South Oak St Apartment #2Ukiah, CA 95482

Anyway, it's been a good week to finish off the transfer. We picked up a pretty solid investigator who called us over and said he wanted us to teach him. He's very humble and just says he wants more happiness for him and his family- he also just wants to be closer to Christ. He's in his late twenties and he's a really cool guy. We taught him for about an hour and left him some stuff to read and he was pretty excited. We also set a baptismal date with one of our investigators- hopefully I'll be able to come down for it. I don't know though- my new place is about four hours north. Either way it'll be cool to hear about whenever it happens! I had a pretty intense experience when I was in somewhat of a bash (but not really) with a woman. She showed us a book that she had called "Kingdom of the Cults" which (what a shock) talked about Mormonism. She raised a few points and we ended up talking for about an hour. I've definitely bashed before and just gotten fed up and annoyed (which I kinda started to) but I've never really had a moment where I felt totally overcome by the Spirit. Usually I'm more concerned about correcting false ideas and thowing in a testimony at the end. But this time, near the end, I asked her if she would ever read the Book of Mormon. She said no, because she's afraid she could be deceived. Without a second thought I just started talking and testifying and I've never really felt the spirit that strong as I spoke with someone on a doorstep. Everything just came out without a second thought and I explained how plenty of things can deceive us, yes- Kingdom of the Cults being a perfect example- but what it comes down to is our willingness to rely on the Lord rather than the wisdom of men. I told her how she knows just as well as I did that God answers our prayers, and she had mentioned that she had prayed recently for help to come closer to Him. I said that us knocking on her door was the help and direction that God was sending her, but the only way she would know is if she'd open her heart and give it the chance. I then asked her if she would accept a copy of the Book of Mormon again and she just stood there. She didn't say a word for about seven or eight seconds- then she hesitated and said "I just...don't think so...no." AGH! Sorry the ending of that story sucked. But, the main point is this: she knew that what I said was true. She knew she should have accepted and that's why she actually hesitated like she did. Long story short, it felt pretty awesome even though she didn't accept. I got to a point where I was finally less concerned about just being right and more concerned about her happiness, which unfortunately isn't THAT common for me when people try and fight.

Anyway, that about wraps it up, I'm about out of time. Have a good week! The gospel's true!!
Elder B