CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, February 9, 2009

Week #32 - The Mormon Cricket (see Encyclopedia M-N for details)

Last week of the first transfer in Benicia! Anyway, kind of a lame week. Elder Shaw got a pretty severe cold/flu type thing on Monday and then I was lucky to pick it up from him around Wednesday. I only got a pretty bad cold though- I seemed to have dodged the flu for now. We're doing much better though and we even got to sing at a baptism on Saturday. We made an arrangement of Nearer My God To Thee and Redeemer of Israel that Elder Shaw accompanied on the guitar and it sounded pretty awesome. We tried recording it a few times on my camera but it's REALLY hard to work out the sound. I've also tried playing piano and singing and I've been getting really fed up with how hard it is to get the sound not to blare on the camera or have one thing drown out another. Pants. So, aside from that things are good.

It's been a little disappointing lately as far as the work goes; pretty much all of our investigators are kind of weak right now and one of them who seemed really promising at first is turning out to be a very odd person (understatement). But, ol' Elder Shaw and I are working hard to be way obedient and trying all that we can to improve and increase our teaching pool, so hopefully the Lord will bless us with more people to teach sooner or later. The lady across from me in the library just shoved my computer toward me. I don't really know if she realized it or not but my keyboard is now almost hanging off the desk.

I'm so excited for this week (Valentine's Week) because I'm sure I'll get a TON of letters from everyone I know wishing me a Happy Valentine's Day. I'm just assuming I will because all of my friends are really friendly and always send me mail for Valentine's Week. Anyway, sorry there wasn't a whole lot to update everyone on this week- it was kind of slow due to more sickness. But, despite colds, flues, and other stuff, the gospel's still true, Christ is our Savior, and I know this work is what the Lord wants done. Word to your mother. Oh- everyone in northern California uses the term "hekka" as in "That sounds hekka cool!" or "I'm hekka excited!" I refuse to ever let that word slip into my vocabulary and every time I hear someone use it I think about throwing something at them. I've been hearing it ever since I got into the mission.

Much love and a Happy Valentine's Day!
Elder B